Friday, January 13, 2012

Gotta love classifieds

Today I had the fortunate fortune of landing me quite the mother load.
For a mere $40 I got a good sized lot of nerf guns, but here's the thing. After a closer inspection it turns out that most, if not all of them have at least light mods already done to them. This is both a good thing and a bad thing though, as there is quite a bit of nasty nasty hot gluing that I need to work through to open up these guns so I can clean them up for eventual painting. I also have to fix the firefly and the longshot because something was botched.
The firefly doesn't prime, and the longshot won't pull back far enough for the clip to get inside. So someone has given me both a blessing and a curse in one. If it wasn't for the low price, I wouldn't have considered buying pre-modded guns. My main point for this is the big one. I don't know, until I open each gun up, what they've taken out, and what they messed with. 
Anyway, here is what $40 worth of lightly modded guns look like. Enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. great find just the longshot is worth 40!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second imodify's sentiments. The Longshot probably has priming issues due to a spring upgrade. Sometimes if the new spring is too strong it won't pull back all the way so you can get a fresh clip in there. What a great lot, though!

    ReplyDelete